Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Gift I'd Like to Give

Gifts that I would love to give…. Well… I would like to give the gift of a good example to my future children! But that would be a debatable thing to give. I mean different people with different opinions would differ on what they thought a good example was… So that would be a hard gift to give and it would be different with each person who gave it. If I were to give it, I would first teach my kids (through example) to be kind, giving, respectful, caring, to use clean language, share, helpful, hard working, honest, diligent, easy going, loyal, polite, personable, virtuous, basically just good moral type things. I would want them to learn from my example to watch clean movies, to use good language, to listen to up-lifting music, to keep their rooms and themselves clean, and to be honest in everything they do. If you think about it, if everyone gave the gift of a good example to their children then our future would look to be a bright one. But then again, that would depend upon the opinions of what the people thought a good example was, and if they actually followed through and sacrificed their style of living to live well for their children to do the same. I wouldn't want my children to do drugs, or to drink alcohol, or to be unresponsible. I would want them to know how to react well to different situations and how to be smart and stay out of bad situations. This would be a very hard gift to give becuase you would really just have to change your life completely to almost perfection to give your children the benefit of a role model and yet they still might not do as you do... they may still rebel and mess up as expected. Parents who try really hard to do this most likely will get very frustrated because kids arent perfect and they will eventually mess up somewhere, but the parents got to just stay strong to their example and go easy on the kids. Encourage them to do good, and make sure they know when they've done bad or wrong. Heck if I could have complete control I wouldn't want my kids to watch pg-13 movies or to eat candy or energy drinks or to date until they were like 20... But I know that just isn't realistic. I mean that's all stuff I do so yeah... I can't expect my children not to.

2 comments:

  1. Here is what I think you are trying to write about, is the gift of a good example to you future children.
    I think you were tring to figuire out how to give the give now because you are young and don't have children yet.
    I might try to break the paper up into a couple of paragraphs and focus on one part of you paper in one paragraph then move on and not bounce around to much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gift you want to give is a good example to your children. That might be hard since ,well hopefully, you don't have children yet. Maybe you could have it relate to family or friends. Though what you have is good. The list of examples you have is a little long. I like what you have and that you do want your children to learn the things you have listed. Good job I can't wait for the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete