Sunday, October 18, 2009

Poem: I Remember

I remember sewing straight through the middle of my finger in the eight grade. I had to go to the emergency room to get the thread out of my finger. Blood was everywhere!

I remember accidently over dosing on sleeping pills and ended up throwing up four times that night. I felt hung-over the next day. And my sister was with me and told me all this crazy stuff I said that I don't remember.

I remember going to the (Boys Like Girls) concert last summer with my friends, it was awesome! Front row seats! Touched the main guys leg and we were in the mosh! It was fantastic!

I remember going Snowboarding to the Canyons every friday when I was seven, still do! Season passes, freezing cold, and hot chocolate! Snowboarding was some of my favorite memories of all time. =)

2 comments:

  1. Good job. Good memories. You have some strong images that stand out: thread in the finger, an overdosed girl, touching someone on the leg in the mosh pit.

    Very good. My only suggestion would be to have more I REMEMBERS and less prose description of each memory. Instead of telling us about going to the emergency room, use the format of I REMEMBER:

    I remember sewing through my finger
    I remember the blood
    I was only in 8th grade
    I remember the emergency room
    There were people running around everywhere
    That made me nervous
    I remember the thread in my finger
    I remember the blood

    ReplyDelete
  2. how'd you sew your finger???!!! I'd like to see what you were like hung over. lol ... sowboarding is the best and hot cocoa!!! nice memeories

    ReplyDelete